Monday, April 27, 2009

A Writer/Editor Marriage



The Pendragon Virus (SD #611 - Dec 90) was just reviewed by Va Book Lover at eHarlequin on April 27th, 2009, 2:22pm. Just how old is this book? Count 'em: 18 years, going on 19 in Dec. Every Girl's Guide To... was just reissued and it was a 12-year old book. So apparently oldies but goodies. :)

The Pendragon Virus pits a working mother standing up to a tough boss for employment amenities. A wager is on: He'll live her life, including being Mr. Mom to see just how difficult it is to be a working mother. (Mm. With today's benefits shrinking by the hour, maybe this book is more appropriate than I thought.) How neat that Va Book Lover would actually be brave enough to review an 18-year-old Desire. This was during my Melissa Senate as editor period. We worked together for about 10-years and I loved her light touch.



Those 10 years were sheer magic for me. A writer and editor can work in harmony. Or not. My feeling is that the writer, while able to ingest and contemplate suggestions from an editor, the basic book belongs to the mother, which is that writer.

Melissa went on to do other things and is now an author herself. You can find her at her website, or at Facebook, etc. Her first Red Dress Inc., See Jane Date, became a Lifetime movie.

Once a bookseller said of me, "She isn't going anywhere". Now that scared me, until she explained that I would probably have long shelf life. Oh, thank you, thank you.

Highly talented Melissa is going to be around for a long, long time, too.

2 comments:

Jacqueline Seewald said...

How great to have your books reissued and read by a new audience! I only sold one book to Harlequin a good number of years ago but it was a satisfying experience.

Jacqueline Seewald
new release: THE DROWNING POOL, Five Star/Gale--check it out online at Amazon or request it at your local library!

Cait London said...

Hi, Jacqueline. My books have been reissued quite a bit and I've enjoyed the comments then and now :) I was totally surprised when this review popped up at eHarlequin.