Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Featuring 2 Western Historicals

Since April is my birthday month, I'm celebrating with a sale price for A Lady's Choice until April 20, 2011.

Also April 7 at 5p Central, Daily Cheap Reads will feature two of my historicals, NIGHT FIRE and Wild Dawn, western historical romances.

I've been working for awhile to get my backlist up and running and now I'm learning a few of the cornerposts in selling. Daily Cheap Reads is one of them. If you visit at 5p April 7 and read her reviews, I would so appreciate your comments on her blog, which is widely read.

I'll also be posting the time on Twitter to several hash marks. Retweet if you would, please?

Formatting, learning the processes of epublishing, self-publishing is not easy, and it's taken me a while to dig out places like Kindleboards and learn places on Twitter.

Meanwhile, my new stories have had to wait. I'm currently working on another historical, widely reviewed and garnered a great review from Publisher's Weekly. That is The Wedding Gamble.

This is a great book about an 1880s professional lady billiards player, and I'll be writing about how I researched the historical game's rules, and on site at Fort Benton Montana, the historical society there, plus Interlibrary loan newspapers of the time.


Dell did an exceptional job on the rose cover, and reknowned Elaine Derillo was the artist who PAINTED the stepback, complete with historical detail.

I'm working on that cover now and using my own rose photographs, but nothing could compare with that high gloss, gold embossed font.

I'm hoping to get that up soon, but meanwhile, please note my sale price of A Lady's Choice until April 20,11, and Daily Cheap Reads April 7 at 5p CDT.

Quite the little adventure getting these books back into the stream of a new readership. Oh, and you Goodreads people, watch for my books there, too?

No comments: