Friday, May 23, 2008

The Triplets Discuss Self-Tanning

The Aisling-Bartel triplets have inherited very fine, fair skin, and summer tanning, or protection from the sun is their conference-call topic today.



Claire: I don't go out very often in the sun, but I've just got to do something for a little face-color. I wear a hat if gardening in my backyard, but sometimes, I just feel like I don't want to look like a ghost.

Tempest: Come on...between that big sun hat and those huge glasses and sunscreen, you don't have to worry about sun. Let alone walking at night.

Claire: I garden and work outside when the sun isn't at its peak, so I do see the light of day, Tempest.

Leona: I have to have some color, or my customers at Timeless Vintage would think I'm a ghoul. I self-tan.

Claire: Sounds reasonable.

Tempest: You, two. A little sun with sunscreen won't hurt you.

Leona: Uh-huh, that's why I saw those self-tanning streaks on you last year. You have to be very careful with that. There's nothing like wearing orange streaks on your legs and it coming off on your bath towels. If you do that, get a good brand, maybe a spray.

Tempest: Okay, I admit it. I self-tan. I like the towelettes now. They come in foil packages which are great for travel. Yep, just exfoliate and wipe, that's the easiest.

Leona: Claire, I use a bronzer on my face...just brush on and go.

Claire: I hate to shop for cosmetics. I'd probably by the wrong shade, if doing it myself. But a bronzer does sound easier.

Tempest: I like those rough gloves for exfoliating, the body, I mean. (looking at her legs) I've just got to get a decent pedicure to start off the summer. I can handle it the rest of the season, but to start, I like a professional job, the hot wax, etc. Ah, there's nothing like a great spa.

Leona: While you're there, get your tan sprayed on, Tempest.

Claire: I'd love a spa day. I'd be afraid of too much--

Leona: Right. The attendants would have to be specially chosen, so you couldn't catch all their psychic-fluff. Mm. I'll make a note of that, to search out a spa for my little sis.

Claire: I'm only 6 minutes younger than you, Leona. But I would appreciate any recommendations.

Tempest: Get a man with great hands. I feel like a wet noodle when they massage me. Men's hands are just bigger and knead better. Though the last one did get a little fresh.

Leona: You probably liked it :) Back to the pedicure....

Tempest: (smiling and teasing) Because your lovelife sucks, right? We wouldn't want to get you all hot and bothered, talking about men's hands. :)

Leona: Hey. If I wanted one.... (snaps fingers)

Tempest: Okay, okay. Just teasing. Why don't we treat Mom to a spa day? Her birthday is coming up.

Claire: Good idea. Count me in.

Leona: I'll work on it. Try those towelette things, Claire. Tempest is right. They are great. You can barely see her freckles now. :).... Mom just picked up.

Greer: You caught me. I thought I felt myself being discussed.

Tempest: Actually, we were discussing your lovelife. Rather lack of one.

Greer: Let's not go there, Tempest. Okay, why did the back of my neck tingle, like I'm on your discussion menu? (voice sharpens) Are one of you hurt? Do you need me?

Leona: We're all fine, just discussion self-tanning and pedicures.

Greer: Oh, I see. Summer emergencies, right? I've self-tanned for years, or used a bronzer when necessary. I have to leave now. I'm set for a day at the spa and a much-needed pedicure. George is a wonderful masseuse, great hands...takes all the tension right out of me.

Silence.

Claire/Tempest/Leona: Have to go. Bye.

No comments: