Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanksgiving


This is what I did on Thanksgiving, spending it with family in California. It was a quick trip, tucked into everyone's schedule, but worked out well.These shots are on Hwy 1, near Pescadero overlook. I take lots of photos, but love the ocean ones the best. After the traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner, we saw tallships, heard the blast of their cannons, had fish and chips and clam chowder at the marina's Barbara's Cafe north of Half Moon Bay, spent a few hours on the Bay's beach, and walked around Pescadero's tourist shops. My favorite photos are of water and I use it in my books, i.e. the psychic triplet trilogy. My painting of Lake Michigan's lighthouse is at my website. I spent a personal retreat there, and would love to do the same on the NW coastal area. Love the West coast and have dreams of visiting the NE one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture.Love lighthouses. Thanks for sharing Cait. Glad to see you had good time with your family.
Ivka

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Ivka. I hope you're planning to enjoy more roses this next summer :)

Eva S said...

The lighthouse is so great! I wish we had lighthouses like yours here in Finland. Our lighthouses are rather small and in a very bad shape.Last summer I spent a night with my husband in a small one her. It was located on a small island and it was just we and the birds and a wonderful sunset! I took a lot of pictures, but oh how a wish I could paint!
Thanks for sharing your pictures and your great books! Happy Holidays, Eva

Carol Burge said...

What a beautiful picture. I've never been to a lighthouse. I bet they're great to visit!

Happy Holidays!